The Military Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain pays tribute to war dead

2 posters

Go down

Britain pays tribute to war dead Empty Britain pays tribute to war dead

Post by Cutaway Sun 09 Nov 2008, 2:58 pm

Ceremonies have taken place across the UK to remember the servicemen and women who lost their lives in all past and current armed conflicts.
The Queen led Remembrance Sunday tributes at the Cenotaph in London's Whitehall before thousands of veterans marched past the monument.
Troops on active service in Iraq and Afghanistan also held services.
This year's events come just two days before the 90th anniversary of the armistice at the end of World War I.
The commemoration of Britain's war dead began with a gun blast and two minutes' silence on Whitehall. The Queen then laid the first wreath of poppies.
She was followed by the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles, Prince William and other members of the royal family.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7718227.stm
Cutaway
Cutaway

Male
Number of posts : 102
Job : n/a
Hobbies : Cars, Motorbikes & Military
Donation Bar :
Britain pays tribute to war dead Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Britain pays tribute to war dead Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-08

http://www.TheMilitaryForums.com

Back to top Go down

Britain pays tribute to war dead Empty Re: Britain pays tribute to war dead

Post by roetman06 Mon 10 Nov 2008, 7:16 am

I was just wondering...I read your article and I know that England has royalty and they also have parliament. Is the royalty basically for public events and show kind of. Do they actually do anything? We were always taught that the basics of your government is that the Parliament has most of the power and not the royalty. Just was curious.

roetman06
Recruit
Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 7
Job : Website Development
Hobbies : Golf
Donation Bar :
Britain pays tribute to war dead Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Britain pays tribute to war dead Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down